Zeppo Italian Restaurant
345 1st Street, Suite 105
Lake Oswego, Oregon 97034
This is definitely on our favorites list. We don’t go a ton, but we do make our way down often. We have been for brunch on the weekends, lunch and even dinner. I guess I should also throw in we have been for happy hour and just drinks to. I told you we made our way down often.
If you go during the weekend you really should make reservations. This place packs out and the waits can get rather lengthy, because it is an L.O. hot spot for great food.
On our most recent trip down my husband and I left our comfort zone of Rigatoni Porcini and Lasagna and ordered the Retto and Seafood Capellini. Both of the dishes were very light and refreshing. I won’t lie, I like the creaminess and calories that accompany the Rigatoni Porcini and I did miss it, but the Retto was very, very good.
When we showed up the place was packed and we had forgotten to call ahead. We ended up sitting at the bar next to the window where the food comes out. There were so many Retto’s coming out we finally decided one of us needed to order it. We asked the owner who agreed it was a great choice, even knowing our usual order.
We also shared an appetizer of Polenta Deuova, which is a tower of polenta, fresh grilled asparagus and fried egg on a bed of spicy tomato sauce. This was a suggestion, and I have to say I would not have tried this if it were suggested to us. The festival of flavors that happen in your mouth when you eat this are a true experience.
We were both very happy with or “new” choices including our appetizer, and very full. We were thinking about dessert and then I saw a Chocolate Espresso Martini. I knew I had to have that. It was done so perfectly and it was a perfect ending to yet another meal. My only thought was how I had I been here so many times and missed out on this drink.
Like I said before we have been in for breakfast on the weekends as well. They do a great Eggs Benedict and they have a breakfast pizza that might not be on the menu anymore, but you can ask about it, and they might make it for you.
Lunch is always a treat too with panini’s and soups. Plus great salad choices as well. You can’t go wrong at Zeppo.
- Atmosphere is the one of the key elements of Zeppo. They have decorated with kitchen utensils. I can’t even explain, you must see it for yourself. They have made chandeliers out of stainless steal colanders. It also has romantic seating for couples with curtains draped around the booths. They also welcome big parties with tables that can seat up to 12 or 14.
- Pricing is moderate. You can get something for just $11 a plate or as much as $24. Happy hour is long and has some great items on it that are reasonably priced.
- They have about 3 beers on tap, lots of wine selections and a full bar.
- They serve Two buds and a Leaf Tea for breakfast, which I love!
- Located in downtown Lake Oswego.