102 Oak Street
Hood River, OR
When we were in Hood River we stayed at the Hood River Hotel. I love this place because it’s right in the heart of all that’s happening. You can hit wineries or breweries and not have to drive home. Or just eat well and waddle back across the street to your room. Whatever works for you.
When you stay at Hood River Hotel you get a $10 voucher towards breakfast. The 2 times we have stayed here we have cashed in our vouchers and been very pleased with breakfast.
I ordered the Eggs Benedict with herb polenta. I am always intrigued by something different and many things about this Eggs Benedict were different. Like it was served on hearty toast. It had sun dried tomatoes, which I loved, but a little goes a long ways, so I had to take a few off. The herb polenta was also a great breakfast treat that I also liked.
My husband did a traditional breakfast. I always like when he does that because I like to get a taste of pancakes. They were really good. He also had eggs, breakfast potatoes and a chicken sausage.
This place is hopping. We recognized people from town, not just people from the motel coming in. Our barista from Dog River Coffee was dining there. That’s always a good sign.
- Atmosphere is great in this older hotel. It’s open and there is seating in the lobby area near the big fire place. They also had a few tables that had big parties and in the summer you can dine outside.
- Pricing was pretty reasonable, then with the added $10 voucher it made it a great deal.
- They served Mighty Leaf tea, which makes me happy.
- Service was great. They were busy, but they stayed on top of things.
- It is located in the Hood River Hotel.