526 NE 3rd St
McMinnville, OR 97128
We were headed to the coast and wanted to get in a late breakfast before we hit the road, but we also wanted to get down the road a ways, so we stopped in McMinnville at the Crescent Cafe. I had heard that this place as supposed to be a great. I also heard there was going to be a wait, but it was worth the wait.
Sure enough we show up and there is a wait, but the owner assured us it wouldn’t take long. He was correct, we were seated rather quickly. The menu is not huge, but I think they also listed off 4-5 specials they were running. I had my fingers crossed for some bennies, but they didn’t make the special list that weekend.
I ordered the Corned Beef Hash. This hash had big chunks of corned beef and equally sized potatoes. They topped with caramelized onions adding a great flavor. The egg added a good sauce, but it almost needed something a little more.
My husband ordered a special that was a pulled chicken with verde sauce, eggs and potatoes. It was full of flavor. He really, really likes breakfast dishes like that, so it really hit the spot for him.
Just for kicks we decided to order a pancake. I am not sure why we did this. I am not a fan of pancakes, and usually they are not much better than anything I can whip up at home. I guess we thought it would be a good idea to add one more thing. OH MAN!!! I would eat pancakes forever if they tasted like this. I am seriously going back for the pancakes, and I can tell you right now you can read through my whole entire blog and you will not find that sentence written anywhere.
We will definitely make it back to this place. One gal there said she has never ordered off the menu, she always gets a special.
- Atmosphere is very quaint in this establishment in downtown McMinnville. The space was much smaller than I expected, so if you go prepare to wait.
- Service was ok. They were on top of things, but I’m pretty sure they forgot about us, because our food took over 30 minutes to come out. I should have said something, but we weren’t in a hurry.
- Tea was Tazo, not sure what the coffee was, but it was good.
- Pricing was an average $13 a plate, but the servings were big and the bread was huge slices.
- Crescent Cafe is located in downtown McMinnville.