6839 SE Belmont St
I feel like when I share this, I am letting you in on a little secret place, like maybe I should whisper or something. Hopefully the locals won’t mind me sharing this find. Songbird Cafe is a cute cafe in SE Portland, in a great area near Mt. Tabor. It really felt like we had discovered the local breakfast place that also has a great happy hour and dinner. And let’s not forget lunch. We went for breakfast, but we checked out all the menus.
I ordered the Dungeness Crab cakes with eggs and they were perfect. The perfect balance of just enough breading to hold them together, yet let the crab be the show. I had my 2 eggs over easy on top and just let the yolks spill over. They were topped with a red pepper sauce that was a perfect addition. Presentation on this dish was just as stellar as the taste of this dish. Perfect 10 in my book.
My husband got the Spicy Chorizo sausage scramble. Wow, the amount of flavor in this dish was incredible. I don’t cook with Chorizo sausage, even though my husband would love it if I did, that is probably why he is so drawn to these dishes. Great portions, great flavor, great presentation. Now you can understand why we checked out all the menus before we left.
- Atmosphere was sweet, cute and like we had found a hidden treasure that they neighborhood enjoys. It also has a coffee pastry bar, so you can walk up order your drink and leave or sit outside.
- Pricing was really reasonable on all the items.
- Service was great. They were plenty busy, but they stayed on top of everything.
- They had Stumptown coffee and Foxfire loose leaf tea. They also have quite a bar for cocktails during the evening hour. Plus about 4-5 beers on tap and wine.
- Songbird Cafe is located right at Mt. Tabor, so the setting is quiet and pretty.