6446 SW Capitol Hwy
I am a huge fan of Verde Cocina. We first discovered them a few months ago, in the Pearl, and enjoyed their Happy Hour and some dinner. I just love that every dish is filled with veggies. They gather whatever is in season and add it to their dishes with a Mexican flair. Ever since we went for the Happy Hour I knew I wanted to return some day for their brunch.
So return we did. Only this time we chose the Hillsdale location. The brunch menu looked fabulous, but I went with the special of the day, which was Salmon Hash. My biggest concern with this is it would be Salmon and potatoes, so I asked and he assured me it was filled with fresh veggies. Oh, he was right! Two eggs over easy thrown on top of this flavorful dish. Huge hit.
My daughter got the Gringas con Mole. This is such a great dish. I had ordered this on our last visit with Pork, but she got veggies only and it was mighty flavorful. I could easily get this every time, and almost did this time, but the special swayed me.
My husband order the Buenos Dias Breakfast, which is scrambled eggs with veggies and smoked bacon. The guy said the bacon was good and we needed to order this dish, but what he didn’t say it that it was HUGE chunks of bacon. It was crazy good bacon. I have NEVER had anything remotely close to this. Amazing.
I should also add that the menu is nearly all gluten free if not completely gluten free.
- Atmosphere here was so fun and relaxing. We enjoyed the great outdoor seating.
- Pricing was great. I also should say I used my Chinook book coupon for an additional discount.
- Service was awesome. Our server was super helpful and did an excellent job keeping everything full.
- They did have beers and tequilas, but we just went with water. It was brunch after all. I wish they carried a few of the beers from the brewery next door.
- Verde Cocina is located in Hillsdale, and they have a second location in the Pearl.