Just in case there is someone out there that has no idea that Apex even exists, this post is for you. I mean I had to be introduced to it a few years ago, so I assume someone out there might NEED to know about this place. You can tell by the different pictures that I have been here a few times.
Here’s really all you need to know:
- They have 50 beers on tap
- They do not serve food
- They are cash only
- You can order Mexican food from next door and eat it with your beer. (It was also cash only last time I checked)
- It’s almost always packed.
In the summer many people ride their bikes, so they offer tons of bike parking. We rode our bikes from Sellwood, around downtown and then made a stop at Apex before heading back. It makes for a fun stop.
There is not much space inside, but tons of space outside. It’s all pretty much communal seating, so grab any seat you can find and sit back and enjoy. It’s great place to go with a group, because with so many beers you can pretty much find something that everyone in your party will enjoy.
- Atmosphere is upbeat as it’s pretty busy and packed. It has it’s own vibe and it’s fun to be a part of that.
- Pricing is $4-$5 on average.
- Service is good. If it’s crowded you will just need to push up to the counter to be seen. They crank it out as fast as possible. Have your cash ready.
- 50 Beers on tap and a fully updated list at all times.
- Apex is located on Division St.