22461 Pine St
Sherwood, OR 97140
We are always on the lookout for a good coffee shop that is comfy, quaint, serves great coffee, has better than Stash or Tazo tea, amazing pastries and is not a Starbucks.
I guess that means we have lots criteria when looking for a coffee shop…. and it looks like Symposium is our perfect match.
Not only that, but they are open until Midnight every.single.day. Not to say that I will be out that late, but sometimes at 9:30 I start craving pastries and it’s too late for most coffee shops.
Symposium has taken over an old house in Old Town Sherwood, it’s right across the street from where the Sherwood Farmers Market sets up every Saturday through the summer.
The inside is a pretty authentic 1911 Bungalow style home. They have even taken an old door and are using that as their counter top, very nice touch, I might add.
Symposium is serving a number of pastries and quiches from local Portland and Newberg bakeries. Since the place is still so new they told us they are also still adding to the menu.
YES! Yes we will be back. We love supporting the locals!!
- Atmosphere is here very quaint as you will find seating throughout the two story house in various rooms. They also have bistro tables set up outside and adorandak chairs on the front porch.
- They are serving Stumptown coffee, which is a Portland favorite and Steven Smith’s tea, which is new to me, but I am LOVING it.
- Pricing is good. It’s a typical coffee shop price, not sure why Yelp has them list as $$$.
- There are currently no beers, but here’s to hoping. (hint, hint)
- Located in Old Town Sherwood
Symposium has added cinnamon rolls to their menu. I am dying to get over there and try them out. Check back, hopefully I will report in. As you know I am on the lookout for Portland’s Best Cinnamon Roll. Even though it’s not technically Portland, it’s definitely close enough to be considered.