This is a new comer to my favorites list. I love the story behind The Slide Inn. The owner Eugen, had spent some time in Europe years ago and had learned to cook there. His wife is vegan and vegetarian and together they opened The Slide Inn. They also boast a great gluten free menu.
I have only been in for Brunch, but I have been eying the Happy Hour Menu, and the dinner menu as well. It all looks great. I love the dishes that had the Austrian flair. Those dishes are not to be missed. I like this place because you can get different and usual dishes. My advice to you is ask what the favorites are, what’s special on the menu. You will not be disappointed. You can read my full review of the restaurant here.
It’s funny how I seem to be drawn to these family ventures, but I am. I love when people are passionate about a certain food and then they specialize in it. The Slide Inn is fun and cozy on the inside. With a wall of clocks and couches set about. The bar boasts many beers and tables are made to gather with friends. There is a great vibe here.
You might be wondering how you can win a
$40 Gift Certificate to try this place out? Well, let me tell you….
If you haven’t already heard from my last giveaways I would like it if you would::
- Like EatingMyWayThru Portland on Facebook
- Like The Slide Inn on Facebook (of course let me know you have done this)
- Sign up for my email updates
- Do the Electric Slide in front of your computer, then give me a shout letting me know. I am using the honestly system on this one.
- Share this on your Facebook page
- Last but not least tell me if you would eat here for Brunch on the weekends or dinner.
The winner will be announced on Monday, February 11.