You have heard me talk about the Summer Food Cart Festival and now I want to fill you in a little more about this great event happening in just a few weeks. For those of you that have followed me for long know that I do love my food carts. I love the small business and I love that they are creating some pretty spectacular menu items for a fraction of the price of restaurants.
When I heard about this event with 20+ food carts all in one spot supporting a great cause, ALSO, I was excited. When I received the phone call to be a judge at said event, I nearly started jumping, but managed to keep my cool when speaking with Steven Shomler, the guy behind this event and a blog supporting food carts.
When is the Event?
- It’s happening on June 22nd at the Mt. Hood Community College.
Who will benefit from this event?
- An organization called ALSO. ALSO is a not for profit organization that provides supported living, residential and vocational services to people with developmental challenges.
What Exactly will be Happening?
- 20 of Portland’s Best Food Carts
- Beer Garden
- Local Live Music
- Kids Zone
- Food Cart Award
Need even more info or want to buy tickets?
- Head over to Summer Food Cart Festival
- Follow them on Facebook to watch the carts being added, so you will know who is going to be there.
Admission to the event does not include food. The event is to help promote the Small Business owners of food carts. All proceeds will go to the food carts themselves, no expenses to be out at the event. Just showing off for you.
All proceeds from ticket sales and beer will go to support ALSO.
What are you waiting for? Grab your tickets and be prepared to have a fun day. Don’t forget at 5pm I will be there to judge the tasty treats.
Make sure you following me on Facebook for some random VIP ticket giveaways.