43rd and SE Belmont
Fried Egg I’m In Love
Seriously this is the best name for a food cart. Especially since I LOVE fried eggs. I pretty much eat one every day, because I like my eggs. The only thing I could possibly like more than my own eggs, scrambles and frittatas is someone wowing me with a fried egg sandwich.
I asked the guy working which sandwich I should order. He said either the Yolko Ono or the Sriracha Mix-A-Lot. As I looked at the two I was leaning towards the Sriracha sandwich because it didn’t come with sausage. Then he started talking about the Yolko Ono and the cart made sausage. I asked a few more questions, and even though I am not a huge fan of sausage I decided to try it…and the Sriracha Mix-A-Lot.
I loved that I ordered both because they seemed so very different from one another. The sausage in the Yolko Ono was incredible. I love the taste of pork, I really don’t like when the spices overpower the meat. This ratio was perfect. There was also a cart made pesto on this sandwich. If you love pesto definitely get this sandwich.
The Sriracha Mix-A-Lot was loaded with flavor, but different flavor. It had a great kick to it. I shared a few bites, and those with sensative tongues thought it was a bit too much spice. I didn’t think so at all. It was topped with tomato, avocado and havarti cheese. You like spice? This sandwich is for you.
Don’t make me choose which one I liked better and please don’t judge me for eating both of them. Even though I loved both of these sandwiches I might be inclined to try something different next time just because there are a few more things that look good and they didn’t disappoint the first time. This cart just might jump up as one of my favorites.
- Atmosphere at this whole food cart pod is very quaint. There are lots of tables around, plus an open and covered area and a fully enclosed covered area for when weather is not so good.
- Pricing is great. You get a nice sized sandwich filled with all fresh, cart made ingredients for $4-$8.
- Service was great. The guy was super helpful and had some great suggestions.
- I don’t know what they had for drinks, I had my own water.
- Fried Egg I’m in Love is located at the Good Food Here Pod and they also have a cart on Hawthorne.