2703 NE Alberta St.
I have been to The Station before and really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. The first time I went was not during a game time, so it was rather quiet, but this time it was right in the middle of a game and the place was packed, loud and yet it had a great buzz about it. I was meeting with a friend and that was not the atmosphere we were hoping for so we made our way out to the back patio, which we enjoyed all to ourselves on this warm fall night.
The thing I like about this place is that it is a sports bar, but the food is not your typical bar food, which is why we were drawn to it. Even though Nachos is not a dish I would normally order I loved that these are different in that they aren’t all gooped up with cheese, especially the pour on cheese. (guck!) No, these have just enough cheese to keep it together, but loaded with a pulled pork carnitas. The regular price for these is $12.25, but the Happy Hour price is just $6.25. Having had both, I would say the HH nachos are smaller, but not by much. I love the avocado creme drizzled on it, compared to a pile of guacamole in one spot.
The second thing that got our attention was the Crater Tots. Which are crayfish tail meat, yukon gold potatoes with creole aioli. They were definitely more potato than crayfish, so don’t be scared off. I liked the creoli aioli because it had a nice kick to it giving these just that little added flavor that they needed. Regular price on these is $6.26, but HH price is just $4.50 and you do get the same amount or at least we did on our last visit when we ordered off the dinner menu.
Here is where we steered away from the Happy Hour menu, but let me explain. They have grilled calamari steak. According to my foodie friend, Cindy, from Happy Hour Guidebook, there are only about a handful of places in Portland that serve this. When she sees it on the menu she orders it. And let me tell you, she’s onto something. It is served with an avocado and citrus salad with roasted jalapeño aioli. Even if you are there for Happy Hour spend the extra to get this dish.
- Atmosphere is a sports bar. Depending on when you go it can be loud. It’s on old power station turned restaurant and they have a lot of the things used in the power station used in their decor. The patio is really nice. Ask if you don’t know where it’s at because you will never find it if you don’t.
- Pricing for Happy Hour is $2-$7.50.
- They have 10 beers on tap, a good wine selection and good cocktails, and discounts on some of those options during Happy Hour.
- Service was outstanding. OUTSTANDING! We were out on the patio with one other couple and they guy checked on us often.
- The Station is located on NE Alberta St.