2908 SE Belmont St
Bare Bones Cafe
I was told I needed to go down and try the breakfast sandwiches at Bare Bones Cafe. I grabbed a friend and we made our way over to check out these goodies. Once I was there I began to ask about the menu. It was then that I was told I also needed to try the Chorizo And Egg Breakfast Tacos with a lime sauce. Not knowing what to do, we ordered both.
The breakfast sandwich is a killer deal at just $3.95. For a small cost you can add pretty much anything to your sandwich. We chose to add grilled onions and a sausage patty. I have no idea what kind of bread she uses for these sandwiches, but it’s incredible. It is slightly thicker, when grilled it maintains it hearty texture and it crisps up perfectly. I am very picky about my bread, but she has chosen a great base for whatever you decide to create. Our sandwich was great. The sausage had a great, yet subtle, rosemary flavor.
The tacos……The came out looking beautiful. The shells were heaped clear full. So much so that when I grabbed it, it nearly collapsed. I loved that they didn’t skimp on the chorizo and eggs. I should also add I am not a huge fan of chorizo. I like it alright, I would just never order it. When you are told that this is one of the best items on the menu, you just go for, as I did and I had no regrets. I will try anything once, that’s for sure and often I am pleased that I did.
Another thing that I really liked about this place was the tables. The tables are square instead of narrow rectangles. I didn’t feel like they were trying to cram people in and I loved that you could have your coffee, your plates, glass of water and elbows all effortlessly on the table.
Bare Bones cafe also has Gluten free and Vegan options available. They also have lots of places to plug in your laptops. There were whole groups gathering, laptops open and working together. This is quite a popular place, it was full the whole time I was there. I had no idea how well known this place was.
- Atmosphere was a very casual with rustic floors. Mismatched tables and artwork completed this comfy cafe.
- Pricing was great with the most expensive thing on the menu at $9.95.
- Service was also good. We ordered at the counter, but they bring the food out to you. They even checked in to make sure everything was ok. Even though you are to bus your own tables they did come through a few times and grab peoples plates.
- Drinks were Kobos coffee and a huge selection of Numi tea. Also next door is a bar, so can pretty much get whatever you want.
- Bare Bones Cafe is located on SE Belmont St.