3279 SE Hawthorne Blvd
The Hazel Room
I’ve been to the Hazel Room for tea. Well, actually tea and coffee cocktails. The sign kind of woos you in. When we were there they told us they had an incredible breakfast and we needed to come back for it. So we did….
We were pouring over the menu when our severer told us we needed to order the Breakfast Burger, which is pictured above. We also wanted to try a hash, so we ordered the Chorizo and Sweet Pepper Hash. The Breakfast Burger is huge. HUGE! We could have easily split it and been happy. It’s one messy breakfast burger and hard to eat, but so good you manage your way through it. Don’t miss this breakfast sandwich.
The hash was pretty much all chorizo and peppers. A little bit of potato running through it and it was served with a jalapeno yogurt that carried quite a kick. It had a side of scrambled eggs and toast. A very hardy breakfast meal.
We both loved the Breakfast Burger and would order it again in a heartbeat. Since it came with 2 sausage patties we could easily share it. Apparently this place is quite popular because when we left, there was a line out the door.
- The atmosphere here great. It’s an old house with many tables and great 2 level seating outside.
- Service is great here. They are super helpful and very kind.
- The prices are a little less than you would pay for a cocktail anywhere else. Entrees were $12 each.
- Their drink selection is quite different and what sets them apart. Here’s what I mean.
- The Hazel Room is located on Hawthorne.