3925 NE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
I had seen that Ned Ludd was serving brunch, but it’s on Sunday mornings. Not the most convenient for us, so when the opportunity presented itself we jumped on it. We showed up in late August. The weather was beautiful. Not hot, and most definitely not cold. We sat outside all by ourselves while the crowds kept going in. The inside is incredible and the atmosphere is quite enjoyable, so I get wanting to be inside, but the outside felt really good as well. No complaints, we loved having space to ourselves.
I wanted the Smoked Trout hash and my husband after much thought chose the Corn Cakes with jalapenos. Don’t forget my favorite part of breakfast…..dessert first. We saw a grilled muffin, so we jumped on it.
The muffin was incredible. It was blackberry and it was LOADED with berries. The maple butter that accompanied it was not easy to pass up. The muffin didn’t need it, but it was maple butter! It had to be put on. So good!
Our dishes came out and my hash was loaded with smoked trout. My dish was hearty without being heavy, which was perfect because I knew we were headed out for a hike.
The corn cake came out in the cast iron skillet. It had great flavor. It didn’t need the maple syrup, but you put it on anyways and it took it to whole new level. The freshly sliced peaches also added a fresh great taste that I would have never paired with corn cakes.
We loved the breakfast! We still have not been for dinner, but plan to real soon after such a delightful brunch.
- Atmosphere is kitchey. I only use this word because our server did and it actually described it well. The outdoor seating was really pleasant and they have done a great job of hiding MLK, which is a treat to feel secluded on a busy street.
- Service was great. We waited for nothing.
- Pricing was $15 for my hash and $9 for the corn cakes.
- They were serving Heart coffee and Steven Smith Tea.
- Ned Ludd is located off of MLK.