1207 SE Hawthorne Blvd
Chicken and Guns
It’s been a long time since I ate at some place and ran home to write a review of it in the same day. But this place is so amazing I just need to share, especially while the weather is so great. You get to enjoy this awesome food cart in a great pod, while taking in the sun.
I had heard this place went in an even had someone tell me we needed to go because it was spectacular. So with the bar raised high, we went in to see just how great this place was.
We got there just before they opened, but they still greeted us with a smile and told us we could place our order and it would be ready once they opened. Perfect. I told them to tell us what to order and without hesitation he told us to share a half chicken with potatoes and to top it with an egg. Well, I love my eggs, so whenever I seen an option to add an egg, I will!! He also said we could go on the light side and get the salad, but he said the potatoes were the way to go. Since there were 2 of us we decided to get both.
The chicken is naturally raised out of Canby, Oregon and it’s then roasted over Oak and Mesquite giving it a great smokey flavor. The Latin spices just make this chicken outstanding. We ordered a half to share and it was plenty with the potatoes.
Crispy, really crispy, with lemon and sea salt, Salsa Cruda, Peruvian Aji Sauce (I didn’t know what this was, but I loved it!). They were outstanding! And yes we did top the potatoes with an egg.
We finished the whole thing off with a salad. It was beautiful and the Chimichuri dressing was a great combo with the chicken.
Ok, I’ll stop talking so you can get on over there. Now.
- Atmosphere is awesome at this pod. This food cart alone has their very own seating. It’s just like sitting at the chef’s table. Love it.
- Pricing was $16 for half a chicken.
- Service was great. I just told him to tell me how to order it. Even though the menu is simple I didn’t want to skip on anything.
- Must not miss item would be the potatoes. Even if you want to keep it light and get a salad, also get the potatoes.
- Chicken and Guns is located at Cartopia in SE Portland.