20585 SW Tualatin-Sherwood Rd
Here’s a little shout out to a Brewery in the burbs. Tualatin and Sherwood get to share this one as it’s in between the two towns. We waited a long time for this place to open, and it’s being well received.
The beer selection is really good. You never know with so many breweries around town, but I was pleasantly surprised by the selection and the product. For my first time in I did the sampler. I loved that my server knew the beers well enough that when one that I wanted was out she added a great suggestion. Actually her suggestion ended up being my favorite. It was the Galaxy.
This brewery also has food. This is not a new place to me, it’s PDX Sliders. It’s been awhile since we have been to this food cart, so I was happy to see that they are now serving burgers at Ancestry. The only difference is the food cart has actual sliders, where the brewery is serving full burgers.
The Sellwood was my favorite at the food cart and without looking back and just randomly ordering again, it is still my favorite.
They also have a starter plate of BBQ pork. For just $7 we thought we should at least try this out. This was crazy good! We shared it between 4 of us, but I could have seriously eaten the whole thing.
- Atmosphere is fine considering it’s in an industrial building. They have great outdoor seating provided it’s not crazy hot out. You can even head around back for a quieter place to sit and enjoy the views.
- Pricing was about $5 a beer.
- Service…. This is a tough one. It’s not that great. I was reading up on Yelp and the complaints were pretty much what we experienced. It’s very slow and you do have to flag them down. We weren’t in a hurry, so it wasn’t an issue for us. My first question would be since it’s such a casual dining experience why can’t we just order at the counter? Seems like it would flow so much better. Hoping they work the kinks out on this one.
- Not to miss item is the Pulled pork plate appetizer.
- Ancestry is located on Tualatin – Sherwood road in Tualatin.