1015 NW Northrup St
We had the opportunity to try Can Font for an all day Monday Happy Hour. Such a great way to experience a few different small plates at some affordable prices.
We started the meal with Pa amb Tomaquet. This is so simple and so good. Great crusty bread that has been grilled, topped with fresh rubbed tomato and topped with a Spanish Olive Oil.
The next dish was similar except it was taken up a notch by adding Iberico Curred Loin.
Patates Braves with added filet mignon were excellent. The brava sauce really makes this dish stand out.
One of our favorite dishes of the night was Croquetas de Pernil Iberic. These spanish fritters pack a lot of flavor.
Can Font is offering a great Happy Hour with some excellent choices. They are continually working on the menu and they also work with seasonal items so what I ate might not be on your plate. Don’t hesitate to give them a try and be ready to be adventurous. I love Catalan food and Can Font is a great representation of that region.
I can’t wait to go back and try the dinner menu. I have heard that the Paella is supposed to be a must try item. The seafood selection looks excellent and I really must try that Lamb Shank.
- Atmosphere is light bright and very welcoming.
- Pricing is for Happy Hour is around $6 for each item.
- Service was great. Not only did our dishes come out in a timely manner, but the servers were helpful in deciding what to get.
- Drinks were new and creative. We tried one cocktail that had lemoncello in it and of course Cava.
- Can Font is located in the Pearl.